Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Same

So......it's been a while. Sorry about that! We've been kind of busy because.....we bought a house!!!! Yay!!!

Not only did we buy a house, but we painted a house and moved into a house over the past week and a half. Needless to say, we've been pretty exhausted.

I have been waiting to post so I could put before and after pictures of all the rooms we've painted and things we've replaced, but I have lost the little thingy that connects my camera to my computer and don't know how to get the pics on here. :-(

Hopefully I can figure that out this week.

In the meantime, I wanted to share something with you all that will hopefully encourage you.

Last night we had a tiny life group so we spent the time in prayer. We talked about how blessed we all are and how perfect God's timing is (all three couples represented have bought a house in the past few months and we all have cool God stories about how it happened....I'll share mine with you when I post pictures.)

We also talked about one of our own who was in a terrible jetski accident. Chris and Sedina have been coming to our lifegroup for a few months now and are so hungry for the Lord. Chris and his brother crashed jetskis and Chris was pretty seriously injured. At this point he still has not regained consciousness. He has some brain injuries and his body just won't let him wake up. If you can, send up a word of prayer for Chris and Sedina. We need the Lord to move in a miraculous way so only He can get the credit.

During our prayer time, one of our friends was praying for Chris. He said "God you are the same. We know that you can heal Chris because you are the same God."

This insight into God's character truly struck me. It made me think of the verse in Hebrews 13 that says. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

What comfort we can take in that! The same God who performed miracles in the bible and raised people from the dead is the same God we serve and who lives in us. The same God that we pray to and ask for healing from.

God has promised that He is the same yesterday, today and forever. If you are facing something and don't know how God can help you, look to the scriptures, talk to fellow believers. God's abilities and promises do not change, he just sometimes changes the packaging. :-)

He can heal you. He can heal me. He can heal Chris. And I'm believing that He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment