Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Easter is such a sweet time. I remember when I was little and could not wait to pick out my new Easter dress! We'd wake up on Easter morning and look in our Easter baskets and hunt for candy around the house. (The best part was that we'd invariably miss an egg or too, and it was my household chore to dust, so I usually would find a bonus egg a week or two later!) We'd get all dressed up and go to church with my whole family. Then back to Granny's house for chocolate bunnies and a bit more lucrative egg hunt. (Granny put quarters in her eggs!) Then a big dinner complete with hm, homemade rolls and so many other delicious things!

Easter has taken somewhat of a different shape in my life as I've grown older, but I still love it. I don't get an Easter dress anymore, but I get to see the little ones at church all dolled up! I don't get an Easter basket, but Granny still gives us a chocolate bunny every year! I don't go on any Easter egg hunts, but I get to hide eggs for pre-schoolers. And every once in a while, I still get to have that big Easter dinner with my family. I was so blessed that my husband as willing to drive to Atlanta after leading 3 services in a row on Sunday so we could be with my family. Everyone was there and it felt so good to be there, even though it was short-lived. We even took the traditional family Easter photos!

As I think about Easter, I am so amazed at this thing God did for us. His son rose from the dead.

I sang in the choir and then taught my preschoolers on Sunday for two services and then got recruited to hold babies during the third service so I didn't get a chance to hear Scott's sermon. But I did get to share the miracle of Christ with 4 and 5 year olds which was completely precious. It was so awesome to tell them that Jesus died but He's not dead anymore! Jesus conquered death just so you and I could spend eternity with Him!

One song we sang this week that seemed to touch everyone in the room has these words:

"Living He loved me. Dieing He saved me. Buried He carried my sins far away. Rising He justified. Freely forever. One day He's coming O glorious day."

Beautiful. Easter is such a blessed time because people who don't think about God that often on a normal basis remember what He's done. Facebook was lit up with scripture and positive messages this weekend. Praise the Lord! Even if it's just for one day, at least people recognize the sacrifice that was made for them. Now will you live for Him each day? That's the question!

I'm truly blessed this Easter. the only problem is that I have to wait a while before I can eat another cadbury egg. :-(

Happy Easter everyone! He is risen! He is risen indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment