Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Well it's about time!

I'm so sorry, I have been a blog slacker. Things have been pretty busy. Let's see if I can catch you up on everything in one post!

I had my fourth treatment this week and it was a doozy. I was pretty emotional for some reason and I was pretty sick the rest of the day.



The highlight was having my sweet friend Crystal come hang out with me. I prepared a delicious and healthy lunch, but unfortunately now whenever I think of those foods I get extrememly nauseous....stupid chemo.



My mom came in town on Thursday which was so fun! We went wig shopping on Friday and my Shanna was able to come with us! So fun.

Hair Status: I will not be showing a picture of my balding head, but let's just say that my pony tail has gotten pretty thin! I can wear a thick scarf with my tiny ponytail or one of my new hats from Charming Charlies (pretty much heaven) with even tinier pigtails. I don't plan on wearing a wig everyday, but my mom and Granny wanted me to have one to wear to look semi-normal.

 This is the one we decided on. I really like it and am glad to know I can rock a short haircut!

And for fun we tried this one on.

We actually really liked it. What do you think? Should I go brunette?? In a few weeks we can see this one in blond and I may buy it to have a long hair option....we'll see!

Then that night my girls from church came over for a little ice cream and games. So fun! I wish I had a picture!

In other news, my dear friend, Sarah, had her baby on Saturday night!!! So excited to meet him! Welcome to the world, Charlie Haynes Coleman!!!  I love you already!

I'm learning so much on this little journey I'm on. I'm so thankful for the way God has looked out for me in this whole process. I'm struggling a little with impatience right now because I feel so great most of the time! In my mind I am completely ready to be done with this process. I want to move on with my life...get healthy...teach little ones how much God loves them...have little ones of my own! However, I must not forget that God's timing is perfect. My journey is far from over and I am thankful for what God can teach me through the pain of it.

Pray for me that I would be open to hearing what God still has to say.

4 down, 8 to go!

1 comment:

  1. I love your new do! Looks amazing! Praying God gives you strength and perspective! I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete