Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's Working!!!

Round three of chemo is complete! Yahoo!!!

Everything went really well today and we got some encouraging news. The doctor said he can tell just by feeling my neck that those tumors are almost gone! He said my lymph nodes are the same size as a cancer-free person would have if they had a mild sore throat. I'll take it! keep shrinking tumors!!

Here I am after treatment today getting some Starbucks. Not the most flattering pic.



I'll have a scan done at the 3 month mark which is half-way. Then we will know for sure, but he thinks that scan could come back completely clean! I will still have to finish out the 12 treatments no matter what, but I am very encouraged by this.

This news means that the chemo is working! Thank you all for your prayers and continue to do so. Our God is good and I'm so thankful for some encouragement today!

Yesterday was a bit of a down day for me. I vented to my very patient friend, Sarah about the unfairness of this. I want to have a baby, not have chemo. I was struggling a bit with the "W" word. Why? Why me? Why now? Why this? The truth is friends, no good comes from the "W" word. As I was talking to her about my fears of relapse and not being able to have a baby and having to wait so long to even try to have a baby. I kept bringing up statistics to make myself feel better.

My cancer is 90% cureable.
The chance of relapse greatly decreases after 2 years in remission.
The chance of being fertile afterwards is 90%.

As I was talking to her, it hit me. Why do statistics and science give me more comfort than the Word?

The truth is, God is bigger than Science and statistics. God is in control and it does not matter what the doctors say, it is God's decision whether I am healed or not.

A statistic is just a statistic....God's word is Truth and lasts FOREVER!

"Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart. Lean NOT on your own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and HE will direct your path."

My comfort and peace needs to be found in my Father, not in Doctors and google searches. :-)

Pray for me that I continue to trust and that GOD continues to shrink these tumors!!

3 down, 9 to go!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie! I battled Hodgkin's in 2011. I had 12 rounds of chemo and a month of radiation. I have been in remission since Jan. 2012. I am also the wife of a youth pastor and a mother to 4. At the time of diagnosis my kids were 11, 5, 3, and 8 months. Hang in there girl - you can do it! I will keep you in my prayers continually.

    ReplyDelete