Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Halfway There!

I'm a little behind in posting this because my life has been kind of crazy lately.

We had such a wonderful time on New Jersey and it was pretty hard to come home! We came home and went directly to church so David could have practice and I could set up Preschool stuff for Sunday. My mom came in town and then Friday morning we woke up and went to chemo!


Round 6! Wahoo!!!

I Have been anticipating this treatment for a while. I am halfway finished and couldn't be happier about that.

With that being said, it was kind of a tough treatment. My body is not pleased with me. I feel like every cell in my body is screaming, "stop poisoning me!" Silly body, you shouldn't have gotten cancer and then I wouldn't have to poison you.

But I know that this is what I need to endure in order to be healthy again, so I continue on.

My doctor asked me on Friday, "So as this experience been easier or harder than you thought it would be?"

My answer: Physically it has been easier. I mean chemo is not fun, but I pictured myself bound to a couch and vomiting all day..neither of which has happened. I'm still able to work both of my jobs and go about my normal routine for the most part. (I am thankful though that at least one of my jobs does not require me to leave the couch.) Emotionally... Much harder than I thought.

Honestly, I am trying so hard to have a good attitude and trust the Lord, but some days are just hard!

I'm almost bald, I've gained 14 pounds, I feel awful every other week, all I want is to have a baby, and I'm just kind of over it! It's hard to not get sucked into the negative thoughts that make their way into my brain. However, I do have so much to be thankful for, and I've had to put into practice the whole "taking captive of your thoughts" discipline.

I was fed up this weekend and I turned to the Word. My bible flopped open to a passage that stated "be patient in affliction." Patience....yeah that's what I need!

So pray for me that I can tame these unruly thoughts and embrace patience as I trek forward!

I had my halfway CT scan today and will get the results next Thursday!!! Pray Pray Pray that it is completely clean! I am believing that God has already cleansed my body of this cancer!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

6 down, 6 to go!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Half way done! So so glad for you! Asking Jesus to give you His strength. When we are weak, He is strong. I love you Leslie!

    ReplyDelete