Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Round 8...can you believe it?!

This past Thursday I went in for round 8 of chemo! People, this means I only have 4 treatments left!


God is so good! When I'm in my good week, I forget that I even have cancer, that's how good I feel! And I totally love being bald! It's so easy!

My mom and Granny came for this round and I was so glad to spend some time with them. We did some shopping and crafting...pretty much two of my favorite things to do. Plus David's brother and mother are coming tonight for a little visit on Kemper's way back to college.

Life is good!

I have issued upon myself and my friend Sarah a two week challenge. I did some research and found that working out is supposed to help you feel better during chemo.

Basically, I receive the chemo and it does its job immediately. Then I need to get those toxins out of my body as quickly as possible to minimize side effects.

Three ways I'm trying to do that are:
1. Drinking a LOT of water
2. Eating foods rich in antioxidants such as spinach, blueberries, avocados etc.
3. Exercising and "sweating" out the toxins

I told myself that I would work out every day for the two weeks between my treatments (not on actual treatment days.)

Sarah and I walked for an hour on Friday night and did the elliptical at the gym for 35 minutes on Saturday. I'm going to try and go for at least a tiny walk tonight, but the weather doesn't look promising. Plus Sarah and I ran around the preschool for three services this morning, so I think that can count.

I'll let you know about my progress and if it helps or not! So far I've had two pretty bad nausea days, but we'll see how it goes.

I thank God every day for healing me and keeping me safe. As my David said, "If it weren't for the development of chemo, Leslie would be gone within this year." yeah...sobering thought....

Thank you, God for inspiring someone to develop chemo and allowing it to shrink my tumors! I get more time on this earth because of it. Now what will I do with that time?

"Lord please do not let my healed life go in vain. Give me opportunities to share your goodness and love with others. Use me to expand your kingdom and share your hope with the world."

8 down, 4 to go!

1 comment: