Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Always Thankful

Well, to say the past two weeks have been hard would be an understatement. Never in my life have I spent this much time crying or praising. Never have I cried out this desperately to God.

I've told several people that it feels like I've been in mourning since last Thursday. I've been mourning my hopes and dreams. I've been mourning the life that David and I could have had if cancer hadn't reared its ugly head.

HOWEVER, we don't know what the future holds, but we do know one thing.

God is our provider.

He always provides for us. I am praying that He will still provide us with a way of escape from this disease, even a way out of these terrible treatments.

And I know another thing...

I'm tired of mourning. I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of being afraid.

In one way or another, God will rescue me.

Today is Thanksgiving and I choose joy. I choose to be thankful because the truth is, I have SO MUCH to be thankful for.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but with prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

~ Philippians 4: 6-7

We are to rejoice ALWAYS in the Lord! We present our requests with THANKSGIVING! It doesn't matter how hard things are, I choose to rejoice and be thankful. God will take care of the rest.

This year I am thankful for...

~The nearness of God and His incredible gift of salvation.
~My amazing husband. What an incredible gift you are.
~My wonderful family and extended family.
~Our second family at Northstar. I couldn't ask for better community.
~My friends both near and far.
~My fellow preschool director who has walked every step of this journey with me.
~The leadership at our church and spiritual guidance from so many in my life.
~The Lord's provision for our physical needs.
~The mountains of East Tennessee and our beautiful home.
~The best next door neightbors around.
~My jobs. I truly love what I do.

God really has been good to me. I could go on and on. I am truly thankful!

I hope everyone out there has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Take time to rejoice and be thankful today!

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!




No comments:

Post a Comment