Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy Birthday to me!



Today is my 28th birthday. Where did I think I would be in my life at 28? You probably already know the answer to this question! It definitely wasn't facing my second round of treatments for Hodgkins Lymphoma, that's for sure! However, I really am grateful that I've made it to 28, and even though I don't know what this year holds for me, I do know that I have a lot to be thankful for and hopeful about.

We have successfully finished our fertility preservation process and will begin treatment in the next few days. This time around I am not really trusting in the drugs or the doctors at all. I am trusting in my maker. And the truth is, I feel more hopeful than ever!

I believe that God loves me and wants what's best for me. I believe that He has allowed me to walk down this path so that I can be stronger and grow closer to Him.

"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."     Romans 5: 3-5

This journey has not been easy...I have doubted...a lot.

There have definitely been times when I felt like I shouldn't hope. It's crazy, but I actually had times where I thought I shouldn't plan for the future because I didn't want to feel foolish if I didn't survive this thing. How silly!

The word clearly states that our sufferings bring us to a place of hope! Hope does not not put us to shame because it is from God! I have nothing to feel foolish about because my hope is in Christ.

Sufferings ----> Character ----> Hope----> No shame!!!

This year as I blow out another set of candles with cancer still in my body and no babies of my own yet, I am unashamedly hopeful about my future. I have a battle ahead, but I know that God will receive the victory and I will not be put to shame!

Another thing I'm hopeful about is this amazing cake that I'm going to enjoy with my family! Thank you to the amazingly talented Julie Raby with K-Town Cakes! Yum yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment