Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Seeking God's Face

So I know I said I would post this two days ago, but I just haven't had the time between working and organizing and spending time with my husband on his day off.

The point of this blog is for me to share what God is doing in my heart and let me tell you, it's a lot! I feel like I have been on a journey now for a while of learning more about the Holy Spirit. For much of my life, I could tell you very little about the Holy Spirit. There were several things that led me to become more aware...

~A trip to Mexico where Chris Canote shared about the power of God we have inside of us that we don't give credit to. Did you know that if you are a Christian, the same power that raised Jesus from the dead is inside you? What are you doing with it?
~Reading Francis Chan's book Forgotten God with my small group at Northwest Christian Church before I got married. This book is a GREAT resource for anyone. It kind of helped me see that I had been missing out on something for a while.






~Weekly prayer time with Edna at my school. She helped me learn how to communicate better with God.
~Becoming a member of Northstar Church. I feel like God truly moves in that place, differently than I've ever seen before. The power of Corporate prayer is a focus, the worship is on fire, and Scott Cagle is a leader who tries desperately to be obedient to the Holy Spirit in all that he does. It's a beautiful place to be. Northstar Church

~Becoming a part of the Vogel family and spending time with them this past weekend. The conference was great and many one of the speakers talked about listening for God's voice. I will be honest and say that it was a different environment than I have ever been in before, but to be surrounded by people seeking God's Face was inspiring.

So what have I learned from all of these great experinces? Desperation. I am desperate for the Holy Spirit and you should be too. The Holy Spirit is a person. He's part of the trinity. He's not scary or out of control. He's our counselor and God sent Him to us so we wouldn't be alone here on earth.

Mark Driscoll says that too many Christian's trinity is "Father, Son, and Holy Bible" instead of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Why do we ignore the Holy Spirit in our life?

Here's the truth, friends. There's a lot that I do not understand and maybe never will. But I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there's more to being a Christian than just reading the bible, going to church, and being a good person. I desire to be sensitive tot he Holy Spirit. I do not want to make a move without being led. I do not want to be a Christian who becomes stagnant. I want to always be growing closer to God and learning more about how to communicate with Him.  I want to seek His face NO MATTER what that means, and I am excited about this season in my life.



Hopefully you understand my heart in this post and are encouraged by it. Just seek God's face today whatever that means for you!

2 comments:

  1. Love that book. Read it a little bit ago and it really spoke to me. Thanks for sharing your heart on this. And I feel the same way about Northstar. God is truly doing a unique and powerful work in that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this book! It got me so pumped up about getting more deeply connected with God in this form and to be looking/listening for Him.

    ReplyDelete