Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Update!

Well friends, it's been a little while because there's been so much going on, I didn't know where to start!

God has been teaching me about 1,000 things over the past week and I am just trying to process it all.

Here's a quick update with some lessons I've learned thrown in...

1. House- The update on the house is an interesting one. As many of you know, for the last 3 months we've been under contract to buy a HUD foreclosure in an amazing neighborhood. The plan was to get a renovation loan and fix up the place and make it our comfy little nest and make a really good investment with our money. Well, as always, God had other plans. Literally one thing after another kept turning up as problems on the house and our budget kept getting higher and higher. Then the tornadoes hit and brought baseball-size hail with them. Even more damage was done to the house and then no one took care of it so all the rain that followed has leaked into the house through the destroyed roof and siding. HUD said they would lower the price significantly, but they still have not communicated with us, so we are cancelling our contract. It's sad, but here's what I am thankful for.

~The storm happened before we moved in or did any work. How frustrating would it have been to do all that renovating and then have to pay our insurance deductable and do it all over again?
~God protected us from possibly getting in WAY over our heads in work load and finances.
~Because of the way we cut back and set up our finances to afford the house, we will probably be able to get completely out of debt much sooner than we thought now that we won't be adding a mortgage on to our monthly expenses!

God is good. I still want to nest, but my desire to go where God calls me and do what God asks of me far outweighs it.

2. Weekend! David and I traveled up to PA to lead worship at his parent's prophetic conference. We got to stay from Thursday to Monday and had a great time. Not only did we get to spend some quality time with his family, but were blessed by the conference. There is so much I experienced that was new for me, and I think I'll need to devote a whole post to it! Shout out to Michelle and Sierra for reading my blog! Love it!

3. Lifestyle! I am committed to instilling discipline in my life! I have not consistently worked out since our wedding and we're coming up on a year here before too long! I am going to start working out and eating healthier. There are a lot of areas in my life that need discipline...
~ Working out (First time today!)
~ Cooking healthy meals
~ Daily prayer time
~ Training my crazy dog
~ Reading more
~ Organizing my house
~ Couponing and saving our family money

These are all things that David and I decided to do at the beginning of the year but have not done a spectacular job.
I'm reinstating our quote of the year: "The pain of discipline is nothing compared to the pain of regret."

Lots of things going on! I have so many thoughts rolling around my head right now. I plan on posting tomorrow about what I learned this weekend!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment