Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's been a while

Well blogging world friends, it's been a while since my last post. I have some great God things going on in my life and I need to share them with you!

This past weekend David and I went to Atlanta for my friend Lindsay's wedding. This was a really special wedding. I met Lindsay the summer before I met David. I had started going to Prime at First Baptist Woodstock which is a worship service for young adults. I was seeking community like crazy because I had just broken up with an ex and was needing more community than what my church could offer. I reconnected with my friend, Julie, from high school and went to Prime with her where I met Lindsay and a sweet girl named Ashley.

We all went to Rita's after Prime one night and spent hours talking about how much we wanted Godly guys in our life. Julie was dating someone and Ashley was I think talking with someone, but we all were just sharing how much we wanted to be wives and have great partners. Lindsay and I clicked that night and started hanging out quite a bit. Both being teachers, we spent some summer days by the pool and shared all of our dating woes, stories, and frustrations. We have a lot in common and were in the same place...Ready to find our man!

Well, here's how God fulfills the desires of our hearts.

Julie married the guy she had been dating last summer a few weeks before my wedding. They have a sweet little baby boy now!

David and I got married last July after dating/being engaged for 10 months.

Lindsay met an amazing guy through her next door neighbor. One of their first dates was my wedding! They just got married this weekend and I am so happy for them!

Ashley is engaged and will get married in October!

It is just incredible to me how God hears our cries and sustains us until it's time for our dreams to come true. I can't tell you how many times I thought that I would just never get married because I wasn't good enough or thin enough or something enough. I can't tell you how many times I cried out to God in frustration because there just wasn't a Godly guy in sight and I was so tired of being alone! But then God brought me a man who would love me despite my flaws. God brought Lindsay an amazing man who has vowed to protect her and care for her, and I know he will.

If you are reading this and you are single and wish you weren't (A stage in life I know very well) take heart. I know it seems hopeless, but God hears your cry. He will provide for you because that's what He's promised to do. I could write a whole book on this topic....maybe I will someday...

Here are a few pics from the wedding. Unfortunately I only have a picture of Lindsay on my phone and don't know how to make it appear here. But here are some of David and I.




We also got to meet my sweet new cousins Hailey and Cole on Friday! So precious! The Lord is so good! He healed little Hailey and now she is doing just great! Thank you Lord!


                                                                    Tiny Cole!
                                                             Sweet Haley!
I'll put more pics on facebook...

Oh and one other minor detail from the weekend....We are buying a house! I'll post that story later...

No comments:

Post a Comment