Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Thankful List

I truly have so much in my life to be thankful for. I want to just share some of those things today and "Give thanks with a grateful heart." God is so faithful....

1. My husband. David is a strong man who makes me laugh all the time. I am so thankful God brought us together and allowed me to be a wife.
2. My family, old and new. I am blessed with people who love me and care about me.
3. My job. Even though I still don't completely understand God's timing on this one, I am thankful that I can contribute to my family and earn money while working from home. It's been a difficult adjustment to not have a classroom anymore, but I am thankful for the flexibility and favor of my employers.
4. Our financial situation! We paid off the credit card and are officially out of consumer debt. We have a little money in savings and the ability to save more. We should be able to pay off my car and school debt soon and save for another car. God has blessed us so much and we are very thankful for the financial place we are in now. I love that David is trying so hard to take care of our family this way. Dave Ramsey would be so proud of us! :-)
5. Our house. As hard as it was to say goodbye to our house we were going to buy, I am so thankful that we have our sweet little rental house. It is a great price in a great location and we are so blessed. Who knows when we will buy  house, but we will be more than fine until then.
6. My church family and pastor. We started the June preschool activities last night and I just love having a church that is s invested in kids. Sarah Coleman and Linda Kennedy are rockstars and work so hard. Pastor Scott is away on sabbatical for a month and is desperately seeking God's voice for a new vision for Northstar. I think it's so wonderful that our pastor isn't just going through the motions, but wanting God's will for our church above all else. You can follow his adventures here.
7. I'm very thankful for summer and the chance to go on vacation in a few weeks! So excited!
8. Last but not least, I am thankful for my friends who have stuck by me even when I'm really bad at communicating with them.

Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I am completely revamping my blog. Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment