Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Sin Seeps In

So I'm wondering if anyone can relate to this scenario...

I did something wrong...My husband called me out...I denied it...Then reluctantly confessed...Then got mad at him and loudly brought up some of his past mistakes...then felt awful...then finally apologized for my double maybe even triple sin.

What is the deal? I let sin enter one tiny little part of my world and it seeped into everything! It's like when shampoo spills in your suitcase. You think you have it taken care of, but really end up cleaning up shampoo for days! You wish you had never put the shampoo in your bag in the first place, or listened to your mom and put it in a ziplock bag like she said!

Sin seeps in! The thing I did could have easily been taken care of, but my pride got the best of me. My defenses turned on too quickly and I acted like a fool. This is not the woman I want to be.

We are supposed to guard our heart against sin. We are supposed to flee from sin. God knows that if we let in just a little bit...it will take over and sin leads to death.

In Romans, Paul talks about the inner struggle that we all face. He says, "So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law, but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin within me." Romans 7:21-23

I feel pretty crumby about my sin, pretty much all the time. Paul goes on to say, "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?" Have you ever felt that way? I have! Why do I struggle so much with sin? Because it is a war we all are fighting. If you let the enemy have one tiny piece of your life, he will gladly seep in and take over and your war is lost.

But take heart! We have a rescuer, praise the Lord! "Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Romans 7:25

God loves me in spite of my shortcomings last night. He wants to rescue me from my sin and set me high upon a rock, away from the battle! He is my forgiver and deliverer and He believes in me despie my track record with sin. Thank you Lord!

So guard yourself today against the shampoo seeping sin that is lurking around your life. Take precautions. Don't let sin seep into your life....it will take over. And if you fall to sin's sword, get back up again because you have a rescuer in Jesus Christ that will clean you off and hand you a Ziplock baggie for next time.

Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment