Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Leaning

So I try to keep my blogs upbeat, but I have to be honest with you. It hasn't been that upbeat of a day.

I'm on Day 3 of my first treatment and things are starting to feel weird.

Things I've noticed so far:
1. I'm tired. I was tired before and I'm tired now. Not a whole lot of change, but between the surgery and the beginnning of chemo, I'm just wiped out.
2. My muscles ache. It just feels like all of my muscles are sore. And trust me, I did not work out. :-)
3. My stomach feels off. I haven't thrown up or gotten too sick yet, it just feels weird and my gag reflex is kind of out of control.
4. My taste buds are changing. Things don't exactly taste the way they used to. Kind of unnerving.

I was a tad overwhelmed this morning....maybe had a mini-break down. How much worse will I feel? I mean we're only on Day 3! Will I get sick? Will I be able to function at all? Can I really last through 6 MONTHS of this!?! Will I ever feel completely normal again?

But when I get in these overwhelmed places, I remember the One who brought me to this place. He didn't say my journey would be light or easy. He just promised to be there. His strength is made perfect in my weakness, and let me tell you I gave him some time to be strong today!

I'll lean on my Heavenly Father's arm and do just what my husband tells me to do each and every day. "Just take it one step at a time."

1 comment:

  1. Love you and praying for you each day- one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete