Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Full Heart

It is Thursday night and my husband is at band practice.

Usually on Thursday nights I watch TV and catch up on work and try to clean house a little bit.

Tonight is really no different than normal except that my heart is filled to overflowing!

Here's the scoop...

We have been blessed already with so many meals that have been wonderful! We had the most amazing chicken noodle soup tonight and homemade bread. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to my Northstar family for meeting our needs. What an amazing blessing this body is to me. This started my heart filling up.

Next, my husband and I spent some quality time together tonight and I am just filled with love for him. He is such a good provider and friend. Our relationship is not that old to be facing such a giant as cancer, but David is right by my side. He is supporting me and staying by my side when lesser men would not. I am so blessed to have him in my life! This about filled my heart up to the top.

But that's not all folks! I just received a phone call from my baby brother who is at boot camp! He has joined the air force. They earned a 30 minute call and he called me to tell me that he loves me! He and some of his new friends are praying for me. He even said he wants to start a bible study with some of the guys there. I can't tell you how happy this makes me! God has such big plans for him and I am thrilled that he is finally starting to see that! I am so proud of him and I am ecstatic to see God move in his heart. This sent my heart over the edge!

My cup is running over and I am so happy! Thank you, Lord for not only being my provider and healer, but being my light in the dark places. What Satan means for evil, God most definitely can use for good.

No one can steal my joy right now! Amen and amen!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie, it's Mrs. Boyd. Kara gave me your blog address so I can follow. What a love you have for Jesus! I'm still praying each day for you and David. Your recent blog reminded me of the scripture I prayed for you today: Ps 94:19 "In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul!" The delight in your soul is refreshing and reassuring of God's faithful love for His Children. David's father gave me your cell# so I can text you (if you don't mind) just to encourage, confirm our love for you both and to let you know we are standing with you believing. All my love, Mrs. Boyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, this is such a beautiful message. You have such a positive outlook and see the good in everything. I'm pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete