Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 0

Happy Birthday to my immune system! I am literally a newborn now.

Today was Day 0 and I got my stem cells back today!

It was an interesting experience. The cells are frozen and they bring them in on dry ice so it's all very dramatic looking.

They thaw them out, but they are still very cold when they go in my body. It made me flush really badly and made my chest tighten up. It was a very weird sensation. 4 bags later and I was good to go!

Now those little guys make their way to my bones and rebuild my bone marrow.

From now until I leave, I will go to the clinic every day to get checked and get fluid, meds, or transfusions as I need them.

I've been walking two miles every day and hope to continue even as my counts bottom out. I am so thankful to be to this point and am ready to get healthy again!

Every time I go anywhere I have to wear a mask. Here's a photo for your enjoyment!

God has been good to me. I am so relieved to be finished with the treatment part. Please pray that I don't get sick as my counts bottom out and that I can recover quickly!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

1 comment: