Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Tablet of your Heart

A quick post tonight!

Today was another long 9 hour day of chemo. One more long day tomorrow and then a short day on Saturday. I get a day of rest on Sunday and then Monday is the day I get my cells back!

I received beautiful flowers from Paul and Lindsay Bowley today! Thank you so much to my sweet friends! Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to have fresh flowers in my apartment because of the germs that they can carry so someone in the hospital will get to enjoy them now! Thank you for the sweet thought! They are beautiful!

I read this verse yesterday.

"My son, keep my words and store up my commands within you. Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart."   Proverbs 7:1-3

One of my daily goals for transplant (along with showering, walking, doing brain exercises etc) is a time for memorizing scripture.

God gave us the bible as a gift. It's one of the ways He communicates with us. Scripture can give you so much peace amidst troubled times and as a follower of Christ, I'd like to have more of God's commands written on the tablet of my heart!

My friend Sarah is a master at scripture memory. Seriously, her young children can quote circles around me and she has whole chapters of the bible committed to memory! What a gift!

She has agreed to give me a verse each week that I'm here to work on memorizing. It will be a way for me to find encouragement and keep my brain sharp!

This week's verse is Philippians 4:4-8 if you'd like to join me! Challenge yourself to memorize this verse this week! It is so appropriate for what I'm going through right now and I hope it will be an encouragement to you!

"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace that passes all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is admirable, whatever is lovely - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things."

(And yes I just typed that all from memory! woo hoo!)

I know that may seem like a lot, but if you break it up into chunks, it's easier. I also like to write it out on notecards and whiteboards so I see it regularly.

Praying tomorrow and the next day pass quickly and we can get onto recovery! Thank you to everyone who is following me and praying for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment