Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Last Day of Chemo!

My last day of chemo was today!!! Woo hoo!

Unfortuantely I didn't take any pictures because, well I felt pretty bad this morning!

I knew this one would be tough and it was. Luckily, I slept through a lot of it.

We were done around lunchtime and I came back to the apartment and slept for a good while before eating lunch.

Thankfully, after lunch I felt a ton better and knocked out a 2 mile walk!

The weather was absolutely beautiful! I was struggling with my attitude this morning because I was afraid I'd miss the amazing weather, but God was good and gave me strength for the walk!

To top it all off, my sweet friend Jessica Carver sent me the most thoughtful care package ever today and I am so thankful for her! What an amazing friend!The timing was perfect and I can't wait to use everything in there!

I'm finding that I just have to continue to take captive my thoughts. It's so easy to get anxious and worried and feel left out.

When I was feeling bad this morning, all I could think was, "it's only going to get worse from here." No how is that helpful?

I know God is with me. I know He will protect me. I have some tough weeks ahead, but at least the chemo is done and we can move on!

I go to clinic for a check tomorrow and then my cells go in on Monday. The day you get your cells back is considered Day 0. So technically I am on Day -2. Hopefully by Day +30 I hit the road!

I will so miss being with my Northstar family tomorrow! I hope everyone has had a good weekend and that God's presence is evident to all tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. Leslie, I continue to pray for your well being. May the joy of the Lord be your strength. Blessings, Donna Haynes (a NorthStarian)

    ReplyDelete