Not a whole lot to say tonight...we are WIPED OUT!
We arrived at the cancer clinic at 7:30 and left at 5:00!
I had my first of five days of chemo and a LOT of fluids!
Some highlights of my day:
1. My nurse is a Christian and was super kind! I really like her and hope I'll have her over the next few days.
2. I received a funny gymnastics video from Kemper (David's brother)
3. I had packed yummy snacks to eat that mom and Granny bought be from Wal-mart.
4. I still feel relatively ok...not nauseous yet, just tired.
5. Having David here with me.
6. Seeing pictures of the newest Stevenson baby! Annabelle Bethany Weber! She is precious!
7. Seeing my good friend Steven who is a nurse in the heart transplant unit. He just hopped over and said hello!
8. Knowing that my sweet friends who adopted from Columbia are going to be HOME tonight after 8 long weeks!
9. Feeling like even though this is going to be hard....it's going to be good....really good.
I'll expand on that last one a bit and then I'm off to bed!
This thing I'm doing is hard. I mean will be getting so much chemo that it would literally kill me if I didn't have my stem cells harvested previously to revive me. There are all sorts of side effects and scary things they like to tell you about. My body will literally be rebuilding itself!
However, we have asked God all along to close this door if He wanted to keep me from this. Put up a block! He hasn't. In fact He has made it very clear to both David and I that this is the route we were supposed to take.
I have 40 days to be away from my normal life. 40 days to be set apart. 40 days to rest, recover, read my bible, pray, and focus on God and what He wants to do with my new healed life!
Sounds great to me! The chemo is tough and the side effects will be tougher. I'll be working as much as I can, but I will have so much time to seek the heart of my Father!
I have always longed to have a more vibrant and disciplined prayer life. We've been in crisis for 17 months and I've grown a lot closer to God, but it just makes me want more! I tend to get distracted easily and don't make enough time for prayer. It looks like I have very few excuses for the next 6 weeks!
It is so sweet to me that our sermon series right now is on circle makers. For those of you at Northstar, it looks like my circle has been made for me right here in the heart of Nashville! I would love to put your prayer need in my circle, so please let me know how I can pray for you!
Lord willing I will return rested, renewed, cancer-free forever, and closer to my Father! Hopefully the Lord will spring forth water from this dry desert!
That's all for tonight!
"Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy.
Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert." Isaiah 35:6