Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Show and Tell

Well I am here in Nashville checking in! Today was a very full day! I had a few last minute appointments to make sure everything is on track, I had a PICC line placed in my arm, and I got settled in my apartment!

I feel like I'm moving into college again. I'm staying in a one-bedroom apartment that is walking distance from the hospital. It's really nice! Here are a few pictures.





Speaking of show and tell, I have to share a sweet story about prayer. After we found out our GOOD NEWS on David's birthday, I think I was still in shock! I was so thankful that this thing we've been praying for for 17 months finally happened! God is so gracious to us! I went to church that Wednesday night with a new spring in my step!

I am so humbled by all of the people far and wide that have been praying for me. People I don't know and people I do. But you all know I have a special place in my heart for the little ones. I have been moved to tears so many times thinking about my little preschoolers that have prayed for me.

During wee worship on Wednesday night, sweet Riley Raby just had to get up in front of everyone and share something. She jumped on the stage and said "God answered my prayer. He makes me so happy because He healed Miss Leslie. And now she can have a big baby!" Then she pointed at me and all of the kids clapped and cheered!

I was so moved by Riley's sweet show and tell. I'm so humbled that God would use me to be a walking example of His love and mercy. How many times do we recognize what God has done in our lives the way Riley did? Riley couldn't wait to share what God had done! Sweet Sadie was the same way on Sunday. She couldn't contain her excitement and kissed me on the cheek while jumping up and down!

I cannot tell you how much joy it brought me to see these little ones understand a little more about how God works!

God is already using my story to teach us more about Him. I'm so humbled and so blessed.

Tomorrow I start chemo! I'm going to try and blog more regularly while I'm here so you can all go on this journey with me! I'm so blessed by the love and support around me! I don't know what I would do without it!

1 comment: